CARL D. HALL PICCOLO COMPETITION
for full time high school and college students
through age 29
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2020 CARL D. HALL PICCOLO COMPETITION HAS PASSED. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. 2021 COMPETITION INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE THIS FALL.
The Atlanta Flute Club announces the Carl D. Hall Piccolo Artist Scholarship, given in memory of Carl D. Hall, one of our founding members and an avid supporter of the Atlanta Flute Club. The competition is open to full-time high school and college students who have not reached their thirtieth (30th) birthday. Applicants must be members of the Atlanta Flute Club and be current in their dues obligations (dues may be included when sending in application if not already paid). The competition will be by CD audition which will be judged by a committee. The scholarship consists of a $500 cash prize to be used to further the winner’s music education. The winner will also present a short piccolo recital (approx. 30 minutes) at the 2020 Flute Fair.
• Performer’s application must include a high quality CD (no mp3 format, please). Required repertoire is (1) Vivaldi – Concerto in C Major, RV 443, for piccolo, mm 1 & 2, with ornamentation on repeats, and (2) a piece of the applicant’s choice in a contrasting style written after 1950. All pieces that require accompaniment shall include same on CD. CDs shall not exceed 30 minutes in length, and shall not include any identification on the CD.
• A typewritten biographical sketch (one paragraph) should be included with the application.
• A check for the $25 CD application fee must accompany the application. Checks should be made payable to the Atlanta Flute Club.
• Applications must be postmarked by December 23, 2019. The winner will be notified no later than January 31, 2020.
• Send application, bio, fee, and CD to:
Angela Sherzer, 408 Brewster Lane, St. Simons Island, GA 31522
* You must be an AFC Member in order to apply.
CARL D. HALL PICCOLO